- Breweries go Fowling to Support Ozone House
- The Green Screen: Bloom Ypsilanti
- Free Will Astrology October 2022
- Local Author Writes About the Japanese American Experience During World War II
- Celebrating the Legacy of Local Culinarian and Historian
- Try Happi: Michigan’s First THC-Infused Beverage
- Spend Monday at HOMES
- Carla Milarch: actress, playwright, director, thinker
- Downtown Ypsilanti shines bright during ypsiGLOW
- October 2022’s Biz Buzz
- Venue provides a Space for Dining, Working and More
- Free Will Astrology November 2022
- Free Will Astrology December 2022
- What to Watch at the State Theatre This Week
- Maryland Representative Jamie Raskin Visits AADL with Debbie Dingell
- Decades-Old Tennessee Civil Rights Efforts Lead to Local Voting Activism
- Staying Safe From Dangerously High THC Levels in Current Cannabis Products
- 5 Tips on Safely Consuming Cannabis to Avoid Getting Sick
- Ypsi Artist Yen Azzaro Brings “Altar/Alter” Installation and Happening to NYC
- “She Said” Opens at Michigan Theater
- Shop Local in Ypsilanti on Small Business Saturday
- The Regal Beagle Upgrades with Barbecue and Live Music
- Cartoonist Bill Morrison to appear at inaugural Plymouth-Canton Bookfest
Local craft breweries will participate in a tournament for a cause at the Fowling Warehouse Ypsi Ann Arbor. On Dec. 8 from 6-10 p.m, 20 craft breweries will compete in this charity event called Breweries vs Frostbite.
Fowling is a sport which combines bowling and football. Players take turns throwing a football at 10 bowling pins until one team knocks them all down. The set up of the game loosely resembles cornhole and other backyard games. More information on the official rules of the game can be found here.
This charity tournament will support Ozone House Ypsilanti, helping over 1400 homeless youth in Washtenaw County.
Ozone House Ypsilanti provides intensive intervention and prevention services to help young people live healthy lives. They have been providing housing and support services to the community since 1969.
In addition to the breweries, the first 12 teams from the community that bring a donation of a new clothing item or show receipt of donation to Ozone House (cash or off their needs list) will be able to join the tournament.
A custom made trophy will be displayed at the Fowling Warehouse Ypsi Ann Arbor all year with the winner’s name engraved.
The suggested cash donation or value of donation is $10 per person.
Anyone who provides a donation on Dec. 8 to benefit Ozone House Ypsilanti will receive free fowling, regardless of it they are in the tournament.
Participating Breweries include 3 Floyds Brewing, Arbor Brewing Company, Bell’s Brewery, Blake’s Hard Cider, Brew Dog, Cheboygan Brewing Company, Cigar City Brewing, Grand Armory Brewing Company, Grand River Brewery, Griffin Claw Brewing Company, Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, Mitten Brewing Company, North Peak Brewing Company, Odd Side Ales, Old Nation Brewing Co., Perrin Brewing Company, Pigeon Hill Brewing Company, Saugatuck Brewing Company, Short’s Brewing Company, The Long Drink.